Do you have Asus wireless router? If yes, you may need to change the settings to maximize the internet speed or avoid interference from time to time. You can do all this through the Asus router’s online configuration mode. The Asus router’s web configuration page is the control panel where all the settings are changed and stored. You can easily access the router’s settings interface by accessing the Asus router login page. In order to know the complete process for Asus login and setup process keep following the article.
If you want to make changes to any of the following things, you have to log in to Asus router to do so.
- Network name
- User-name and password
- Firewall settings
- Wi-Fi network name and password
In this section, we will tell you how to login to the Asus router using http://router.asus.com. Let’s get started:
Hardware Asus Setup:
- Use either wired or wireless connection to set up your Asus wifi router.
- It is highly recommended to utilize a wired connection to avoid possible setup problems.
- In a wired connection, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the router’s LAN port to the port of your PC.
- Similarly, use another Ethernet cable and connect the router’s WAN port to the port of the modem.
- Next, Plug in the devices to the power outlet and then switch on all the devices.
Asus Router Login through Web-Based Utility Method:
The Asus Router comes with user-friendly web graphical user interface that allows you to easily configure its various features. You can access the router’s page through a web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Follow the steps to log in to your Asus device:
- Launch a web browser on your wifi enabled PC & enter the router’s default web address i.e. http://router.asus.com.
- Next, on the router’s admin page, enter the default user name and password.
- Now you can access the router’s web-based management page to configure various settings.
- Once you get into the Asus Router GUI, it will redirect you to the quick internet setup page.
- Choose your “Internet Connection type”. If your connection type is Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP, and L2TP, your router will detect it automatically.
- Next, set up your Internet and wireless settings as per your need.
- After you complete the Asus router setup process, you can connect your PC or other wireless devices to your home network.
If you face any issue while accessing the router’s page like forgot Asus router password then you can perform the Asus router reset process. Resetting your Asus device can solve many issues.
Reset the router:
To reset your Asus router, you need to press the tiny ‘reset’ button on the back panel of your router. Long press the button by using a sharp object like a paperclip. Now, release the button after a few seconds. The LEDs on your router will start indicating that the reset process is completed. After resetting your device, you will have to reconfigure its wireless settings.
I cannot access the Asus router login page:
If you can’t access the router’s configuration page then follow the various steps:
- Use the IP configuration to find out your Gateway address. You can use that IP address to access your router’s page.
- Use ‘ping’ to verify connectivity to the IP address.
- Make sure that you’re using the right protocol. Some routers can be configured to only permit admin over HTTPS. So, if ‘http: //router-ip/’ does not work then you can try ‘https: //router-ip/’.
- Try to access the router’s page from multiple browsers on your PC.
- Turn off your antivirus or firewall and then try accessing the website once again.
- If nothing works then you can do the “Factory Reset” by following above-mentioned steps.
- After reset, again set up your device and also change the security settings to make your router secure.
We hope that this article helped you to know the Asus router login and setup process. In case you face any issue while attempting to set up the connection, don’t worry. Call us on our Toll-Free number. Our technicians will guide you in the best possible way to resolve your issue.