Asus router comes with a web-based interface with the assurance of finest usability and better quality. Asus is one of the best networking brands as it offers quality support devices and improved connectivity. However, to enjoy the best benefits of the Asus router, one should go for the Asus router firmware update.
The need for updating the firmware of the Asus router is mandatory as it results in the smooth functioning of wireless router devices. Router updates offer security improvements and new features. Asus router has its own firmware which runs in order to supply wired or wireless connectivity to devices. In this guide, we will explain to you how to update Asus router firmware. But before we can jump to those steps, it is necessary to know why it is important to update Asus router.
Why it is important to go for Asus router firmware update?
It is important to update Asus router time-to-time as it improves the overall performance of the router.
New features and security fixes
The new firmware fixes a vulnerability that was detected in the current version that’s why it is important to go for Asus router firmware update is that. Updating the firmware of your router also add new features to the router such as parental controls.
Enhances the performance
Besides fixing the bugs, updating the firmware of your router also enhance the overall performance of the router. Updating the Asus router firmware will increase the speed of your router and could improve the overall performance of the network.
If you have tried updating the firmware of your router but your Asus router firmware will not update due to any miscellaneous reasons then don’t worry as we will here tell you how to update Asus router firmware in the next section.
How to update Asus router firmware?
Updating the firmware of your Asus router will fix the connection problem and also solve the problem if your router is working slowly. You need to follow the steps which are given-below in order to update Asus router in just a few minutes. These steps for updating the firmware will work on almost every model of the Asus router.
Step 1: Download the firmware
The first thing which you need to do is to download the latest version of firmware of your Asus router from the Asus router’s official site. Enter your Asus router’s model number and download the firmware to update Asus router. If you are not sure, check for the release date and download the latest file. After downloading the file, save it somewhere safe on your computer.
Asus official site: http://www.asus.com/support.
Step 2: log into your Asus router
Make sure you have wired connection to your Asus router.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect its one end into the modem and the other into the WAN port of the router.
- Using another Ethernet cable, connect your computer to one of the four LAN ports on your Asus router.
Once you have downloaded the firmware, log in to your Asus router’s administrative panel using the login credentials.
- On your computer, fire up a web browser of your choice.
- Enter http://router.asus.com in the address bar of your opened web browser.
- When a login window appears, enter the default username and password of your Asus router and then click on the ‘Login’ option.
Step 3: Upload the firmware
Follow these steps to know how to update Asus router firmware.
- For Asus router firmware update, after logging into your Asus router click on the ‘Administration’ tab.
- From the ‘Administration’ tab click on the ‘Firmware Upgrade’.
- On the ‘Firmware Upgrade’ option, click on the choose file.
- Select latest firmware and click upload. Upload the downloaded file from your computer.
- Start the firmware installation.
- Once the firmware is installed, click ‘Save’.
- Reboot your router once the Asus router firmware update is completed.
Note: It is recommended to restore the factory default settings of your Asus router after installing the firmware. To reset the device, you need to long press the ‘reset’ button located on the back of your Asus router. Use a sharp object like a pin to press the button. After a few seconds, release the button and wait for the router to reboot. Now, you can enjoy the new features and improved performance of your Asus router.
In case, the Asus router firmware will not update or stops in between, you can contact us on our toll-free number whenever you prefer. We have a team of Asus router and extender experts who have complete answers for your issues. To help you with the quest, we have 24/7 available professionals with us so, get connected with them.