Asus router is known for its high-speed internet performance and advanced security features. But sometimes, you might face an issue ‘Asus router not connecting to internet’ that you should solve as soon as possible. Whatever the problem is- from flaky connection to internet not working on Asus router- we will provide troubleshooting tips to fix the issues.
First of all, make sure that the internet and broadband modem is working fine. Once you are sure, that your internet is working fine then you can begin to resolve the issue ‘internet not working on Asus router’. Given below is the list of Asus router troubleshooting tips so that people can start to fix the Asus router problems themselves.
Make sure that your Asus router has a correct WAN connection. Follow the steps:
Set up your wireless router via a wired connection
- Connect your Asus router’s adapter into a power outlet.
- Now, connect your computer to the wireless router’s LAN port using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your modem to the wireless router’s WAN port using another Ethernet cable.
- Connect your broadband modem‘s AC adapter into a power outlet.
Set up your wireless router via wireless connection
- Connect your Asus router’s adapter into an electrical outlet.
- Connect your modem to the wireless router’s WAN port using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your modem’s adapter into an electrical outlet.
- Install a WLAN adapter on your computer.
Now, check the internet connection settings:
- Open the Asus router setup page after logging into your Asus router.
- Go to WAN settings of your router and choose the type of internet connection, you have.
- Type the internet information and press ‘Ok’.
Reboot your Asus router
Have you tried rebooting your router? Yes, rebooting the router can resolve the Asus router not connecting to internet. Rebooting an Asus router is a simple process- unplug your Aus router’s cable, wait for a few seconds and plug it back in.
Update the firmware of your Asus router
You can also try updating the firmware of your router to fix the connection issues.
- Download the latest file of firmware for your router from the Asus official website.
- Log into your router by using login credentials.
- Now, go to the ‘Administration’ tab and click on the ‘Firmware upgrade’.
- Now, click on the ‘browse’ option and wait for the router to complete the process.
Reset your router to factory defaults
You can try resetting your router if you are facing connection issues with your Asus router. To reset your router to factory default settings, long press the reset button with the help of a sharp object and release it after a few seconds. Press the button until the LED on your router stops flashing.
These were some of Asus router troubleshooting tips to solve the issues. If the problem still persists, still your Asus router not connecting to internet then you can get in touch with us. You can ask our experts to guide you by calling them on their toll-free number that is accessible round the clock.