Have you filled your Google search bar with the keyword: “How do I enable DHCP on my ASUS router?” Don’t worry! Today we will teach you how to enable Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol on your wifi router. Before you enable the router’s DHCP server, you should know what a DHCP server is.
In simple words, DHCP determines if an IP is dynamic or static and the length of time an IP address is assigned. DHCP is a protocol that automatically assigns a device-specific IP address to each device which is connected to your router’s network, and ensures that two devices will not share an IP address and thus encounter connection errors. If the DHCP is disabled then you have to assign the IP address to each computer or device manually, overall it would be much easier with DHCP enabled. However, if you experience a problem in connecting to the router’s wifi network then the first thing you should check is that DHCP is enabled or not. Keep following the blog to get the answer to the query: How do I enable DHCP on my ASUS router?
How do I enable DHCP on my ASUS router?
DHCP, this option typically falls under the “LAN” settings of the Asus router. Just go into your router’s configuration page by using a browser and find the LAN page. Under LAN Settings, you would find an option to ‘Enable DHCP’. Once you enabled the DHCP, it can control how many IPs are assigned or enable/disable the server portion of the router. The coming section describes “How do I enable DHCP on my ASUS router?”
Follow the steps to enable the DHCP on the Asus router:
- First of all, connect your PC to your Asus router’s wireless network.
- Now open a browser on your PC and enter the Asus router’s IP address in the address bar to access the web configuration page of the wifi router.
- If you don’t know the router’s IP address then you can find it in the Asus router’s user manual or by going through the computer’s Network Settings as it will help you access the router’s page, from which point you would be able to change your DHCP settings.
- If you face any trouble then contact us at our toll-free no.
- Now Login to the router’s admin page using 192.168.1.1 in the browser.
- Enter the user-name and password in the provided fields to access the configuration page of the router.
- If you have not set the password earlier then you can find the default login credentials in your router’s user manual. If you need help then call us on toll-free no.
- Once you login to the router’s page, you will see various settings.
- Now look for the “Advance” settings.
- Under “Advance” Settings, choose “LAN” option.
- Here you can Enable or disable DHCP and change related settings as per your need.
- Next, click “Apply” at the bottom of the page to save all the settings.
We hope the above blog helped you to know “How do I enable DHCP on my ASUS router?” With DHCP enabled, all that stuff is automatically configured. Now you don’t have any extra setup to do, you can just access the internet. If you face any issue then feel free to call our technical team anytime on our toll-free no. or you can chat live with us. We will be more than happy to assist you and resolve your issues.